Corporate Training Manager
|January 09, 2014 - February 10, 2014|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Corporate Training Manager |
Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of the credit union’s employee education, and training programs. Ensure that ongoing development of all employees reflects credit union strategic priorities and quality service to members. This is a vital role to the organization in fostering consistency, cohesiveness and improvement to procedures and overall credit union philosophy.
|Duties:||Major Duties and Responsibilities:|
Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training or education and to understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies. Design training objectives that will help with the development, and implementation, of training or education programs and tools that support the growth and direction of the credit union.
Supervise and provide direction for training department staff. Ensure staff is being effective in their trainings and work. Give counsel and guidance for improvement. Help generate ideas and be active in the progress of the department.
Responsible for the preparation of training and resource manuals by identifying purpose; assemble and compose information for the manuals. Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works. Formulate training policies, programs and schedules, based on knowledge of identified training needs, or changes in products, services or procedures.
Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful for designing effective training programs; integrate information into programs. Inform management of technical training programs and goals.
Develop and execute the annual training plan and training budget. Budget and approve training expenses, determine staffing requirements, and analyze costs for creating programs versus importing programs.
Develop and implement needs assessments and evaluate employee surveys to determine new areas for training. Create programs that reflect the needs of employees, overall competitiveness of the credit union, and that enhance member service. Analyze training programs to determine effectiveness of programs and how learning is being transferred to staff’s improvement.
Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge and Skills:|
Experience: Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
• Ability to coach and mentors others to facilitate the understanding of difficult principles strategy, policies and systems.
• Flexibility to change training tactics and styles to better adapt trainings to individuals.
• Communicate complex information in a way that others will understand and retain.
• Work well with all departments and all levels of management.
• Effective communication skills; speaking and listening both verbally and non-verbally (body language)
• Knowledgeable in and be able to operate related computer software (such as word processing and presentation software, spreadsheet, and other software programs used in training) and business equipment including multimedia equipment and other related training aids.
• Professionalism in appearance, dress, and attitude is a must.
• Creative, writing proficiency, visual graphics design broad perspective reasoning.
• Good organizer, meticulous, and good at working with people individually or on a group setting.
• Able to manage and organize time effectively and efficiently.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.